Enabling the application of data science for the benefit of all West AustraliansAbout Us
Who Are We
The WA Data Science Innovation Hub is a Western Australian Government initiative, and supported by Curtin University, which aims to ensure the State remains at the forefront of the digital revolution by increasing the uptake, education, training and awareness of data science in Western Australia.
The use of data to solve complex business and societal challenges is becoming a key advantage for many territories around the world, and Western Australia must ensure that it has the required skills and collaboration to take advantage of this – for the benefit of all Western Australians. The vast array of data collected by governments and businesses provides an enormous opportunity for Western Australia to develop innovative solutions based on data to address challenges and seek opportunities that will impact us all.
At the hub we provide a range of services to support businesses, government and academia with building their data science capability and advancing data science projects. This includes one-on-one advisory services, upskilling programmes and design thinking workshops.
WADSIH is proud to act as the bridge between these sectors, connecting WA capability and resources to further advance the application of data science in Western Australia.
The mission of the Hub is to enable Western Australia to build jobs by developing a data driven ecosystem and culture through fostering collaboration, promoting expertise, advocating and enabling data literacy across the community, industry, academia and government.
The purpose of the Hub is to:
- enable the development of the data science capability of tomorrow for job creation
- enable a self growing data science community
- enable innovative businesses to flourish and grow the economy
It will achieve this through:
- access to specialist Data Science capabilities in universities and other research organisations
- generating a supply of trained graduates and provision of upskilling programs, and creating jobs for WA
- the translation of Data Science capabilities from the mature sectors to emerging sectors
- advocating the importance of Data Science to government, industry and the community.
- facilitating collaboration and building the data
science community in WA
The WADSIH team is comprised of an Advisory Board, Steering Committee, and Management Team.
WADSIH is supported by the Government of Western Australia and Curtin University, and a number of Foundation Partners
Keep up to date
To keep up to date with all the latest news and events.
Need more information?
Need to speak to someone to get more information about a certain topic?